[QGIS-Developer] Why is "Execute SQL" limited to only one query at a time?

Vedran Stojnović phidrho at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 15:20:44 PST 2023

Hi everyone,

I would like to write a feature request for executing more than one SQL
query at a time, but before I do, I would like to check why is it limited
in the first place, maybe there's a good reason why it doesn't work by
default?

So I was trying to execute few UPDATE statements through "DB Manager..." on
GPKG layer and got following message "You can only execute one statement at
a time." as result.
I also tried through "Execute SQL" dialog (available on right click in
Browser panel on GPKG layer > Execute SQL), but only first statement was
executed and all other are ignored.

--
Kind regards,
Vedran Stojnović.