[QGIS-Developer] Additional python modules

Yoann Quenach de Quivillic yoann.quenach at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 07:23:55 PST 2023

Hello everyone,

I'm working on a new feature targeting 3.32 to reformat code written in the
Python Console Editor : https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/pull/51733. It works
great, but it requires additional python packages to be installed (namely
black / autopep8 / isort).

*Is there a reliable cross platform way we can use to distribute additional
python packages alongside QGIS? *

I could rewrite my PR to enable this feature only if the required modules
are installed, but it seems kind of a shame... An alternative would be, as
discussed in (
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/pull/51733#issuecomment-1434646910) to provide
the end user a way to dynamically install modules as needed.

Any thoughts?
Thanks,

*--*
*Yoann Quenach de Quivillic  *