[QGIS-Developer] Open plugin automatically when file is dragged onto QGIS

Pankajeshwara Sharma pankajeshwara at gmail.com
Sat Nov 4 17:53:59 PDT 2023

Hello all,

I would like a feature within QGIS so that when files with ".xyz" extension
are dragged onto the application, would make my plugin to open
automatically.
This can prevent the user from having to go to the File menu and open the
file.

This is similar to when shapefiles are dragged onto QGIS, and the
shapefiles are automatically loaded and displayed in QGIS.
Except, dragging a file with a ".xyz" extension should result in my plugin
(a dialog box from then plugin) to open.

Is there a setting I can configure?

Yours sincerely,
Pankaj Sharma
Research Fellow