[QGIS-Developer] QGIS equivalent of Turf/nearest-point function

Sebastian Gutwein bas at rdgland.com
Sun Nov 12 06:10:20 PST 2023

Not that exact function that I am aware of but there is a *Distance to
nearest hub (points) *tool in the processing toolbox that will give you the
distance to all of the points and then you can choose the one with the
shortest distance. You could also use select by expression using the *Closest
Point *function.

On Sun, Nov 12, 2023 at 7:14 AM Pankajeshwara Sharma via QGIS-Developer <
qgis-developer at lists.osgeo.org> wrote:

> Dear developers,
>
> I was wondering of there is a QGIS equivalent of Turf's nearest point
> function?
> https://www.npmjs.com/package/@turf/nearest-point
>
> The function takes a reference point and a FeatureCollection of Features
> with Point geometries and returns the point from the FeatureCollection
> closest to the reference.
>

> Yours sincerely,
> Pankaj Sharma
> Research Fellow