[QGIS-Developer] Future of OTB provider plugin?

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Mon Nov 13 00:37:29 PST 2023

Hi Alex,

On Mon, 13. Nov 2023 at 09:00:34 +0200, Alexander Bruy via QGIS-Developer wrote:
> Just to remind that most of the Processing developers were against its
> inclusion in the core back in 2018 and predicted that it won't be maintained
> and eventually will be removed.

Honestly I wasn't even aware that it was still there and I don't recall any
complaints that it was not working (or that OTB was removed/missing in OSGeo4W
or Debian, which is probably why nobody noticed, if it doesn't).

Jürgen

Software Engineer           D-26506 Norden            https://www.norbit.de
QGIS release manager (PSC)  Germany                 IRC: jef on Libera|OFTC