[QGIS-Developer] inf and nan in reclassify algo

Sebastian Gutwein bas at rdgland.com
Thu Nov 23 09:22:27 PST 2023

Hi,
I recently discovered by trying likely things that I can use inf, -inf, and
nan in the reclassify algo.
Not being a programmer it wasn't obvious that these would be valid inputs.
I would like to document this.
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Documentation/pull/8653

>From my research it seems like these are inherent special values in the
floating point format in C++.
https://en.cppreference.com/w/cpp/language/types

The inf and -inf seem straightforward to use in the reclassify table as max
and min values and nan seems to work to set a range of values to nodata.

Are there any gotchas I'm missing or any other values that can be used and
should be documented?
Thanks
-Bas
--