[QGIS-Developer] Paste geometry functionality

Tomas Straupis tomasstraupis at gmail.com
Wed Nov 29 22:41:53 PST 2023

Hello

  Regarding different plugin proposals. I have checked nexta plugin
and even submitted a fix to it which solved the problem only
partially. From what I see it cannot be solved nicely via python
because of different environment/setup reasons. I know this can be
done in some way using different other plugins. This can also be done
by one line of code in postgresql.

  The point is that people migrating from "other" products are used to
such basic feature and that feature is wanted/required for quite a
number of different tasks.

  I got the main information: there are no objective reasons for such
functionality not to be in core. I will therefore try implementing it.

  Thank you for your responses!

--
Tomas