[Qgis-psc] Re: problems with the doc mailing list?

Otto Dassau otto.dassau at gmx.de
Thu Apr 24 00:38:59 PDT 2008

Hi,

On Wed, 23 Apr 2008 14:38:29 -0400
Frank Warmerdam <warmerdam at pobox.com> wrote:

> Tim Sutton wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > Ok I think I confused what you wanted - I see that you and Gary and
> > already list admins for the qgis-doc list (and not me). If you cant
> > make the changes you need through the mailman admin interface, I think
> > you will probably need to ask Frank or one of the fine folks at OSGEO
> > central to help you.
> >
> > Frank my apologies if I always pick your name out the hat and please
> > let us know if there is a designated person who we should be talking
> > to for this kind of thing.
>
> Folks,
>
> I can rename a list if needed, but it is a slightly ugly job so please
> be sure you prefer this to just creating a new list, or using the existing
> list name even if it is not ideal.

Renaming a mailman list really seems to be difficult. I don't know how to
proceed here. maybe it would make sense to start with a new list and to ask the
50 members to move on the new list within a couple of weeks, too.

I can do that, if you agree.

The current doc ml only has about 100 mails, most of them not really important
to archive.

regards,
 Otto