[Qgis-psc] commercial support companies to besome official QGIS sponsors?

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Fri May 8 07:50:23 PDT 2009

Tim Sutton ha scritto:
> By all means ask them, but I be careful to make it clear that its
> voluntary - some folks may just be starting out or be heavily involved
> in contributing to the project in other ways and I dont think its good
> to double tax them.

See if you like it:
===
Dear QGISsers,
as you know, QGIS is growing stronger. We, the qgis-project steering
committee, are contacting you because you are listed here:
http://qgis.org/en/commercial-support.html
and we believe you are among the most interested in having a bright
future for QGIS. As you may have noticed, we have started a sponsorship
and donation program:
http://qgis.org/en/sponsorship.html
which we believe is a great opportunity to help and speed up QGIS
development, and we encourage you to seriously consider it.
We know that several of you are already heavily involved in contributing
to the project in other ways, so you should not feel obliged to contribute.
Also your ideas on how to further improve the support to QGIS will be
greatly appreciated.
All best wishes.
===
I would intend to send it to all those listed, including jef and marco,
but this may sound odd: what is your feeling?
All the best.