[Qgis-psc] how to mention a company

Maxim Dubinin sim at gis-lab.info
Fri Jan 15 14:15:22 PST 2010

Hi all,

I'm new to PSC list, and I hope it is a correct place/way to ask. Here
is the thing:

A company is paying for the development for some core&plugins stuff
and a company wants to be mentioned. As Paolo explained to me, QGIS
donors' page is not ok for that. I understand the rationale behind it,
but what are the other options?

1. Include ref in the code?
2. Make a special section on QGIS website mentioning companies and
stuff we worked on for their funding? If they insist on being
mentioned at all.
3. New page along with donors and sponsors in Help\About?
4. Plugin's About page?
5. Web pages of various sorts for plugins themselves?

What is our (QGIS) strategy to deal with such requests? Are they valid
at all?

Maxim