[Qgis-psc] maintainers

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Wed Nov 17 22:28:35 PST 2010

Il 17/11/2010 21:46, tim at linfiniti.com ha scritto:

> Same for me....99.99% of what I do on QGIS has been voluntary....
> Though I always thought in the back of my mind that it would be nice
> to have some kind of funding pool to pay for the stuff that typically
> wont be driven by contracts...e.g. maintaining code documentation.

Sorry I was unclear. Anything that will make current and future devs
unhappy is to be avoided like hell, so if you feel this is the case I
withdraw my suggestion immediately.
My problem is simply: how to stimulate work on neglected areas?
Suggestions are welcome.

> If I can dream, I would like to see the some of us funded to just work
> on QGIS and 'do good stuff' without any particular requirement for
> implementing specific features from a client...though I guess we need
> a fat EU grant like gvsig for that to happen....

We have to work on that. I do not think this is impossible, at this stage.
All the best.
--
http://www.faunalia.it/pc