[Qgis-psc] Motion: move to GIT and Redmine

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 00:55:31 PDT 2011

On Wed, Apr 6, 2011 at 9:39 AM, Tim Sutton <tim at linfiniti.com> wrote:
> Hi PSC. I would like to send this message below to the developer list
> and push the idea of GIT & redmine migration. I thought it might be
> nice to first poll the psc and see if this idea has majority support
> within the PSC (if it does I would amend the email below to indicate
> as much). If it doesn't and any PSC member has specific objection to
> this proposal can we please discuss here? As such would you please
> indicate:
>
> a) are you in favour of a migration to GIT
> b) are you happy for me to get the ball rolling by sending out the email below.
>
> Obviously +1 from me on both counts.

Hi Tim

I think it would be good to address migration to Git and Redmine separately.

And actually I wonder what are the benefits of migration to Redmine. I
understand that we would have everything "under one roof" though
personally I'm quite happy with trac: it works well and we have
virtually no admin overhead for it since it is administered centrally.
I would be interested to see a comparison of pros/cons for Trac vs
Redmine.

Regards
Martin