[Qgis-psc] Gold sponsor management

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Tue Dec 11 00:25:25 PST 2012

Hi

On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 8:43 AM, Anita Graser <anitagraser at gmx.at> wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 10:52 PM, Tim Sutton <tim at linfiniti.com> wrote:
> >> Should both be in quotes and with full stop. I think two portugal quotes
> >> doesnt look good. I am going to ask Trevor from AUSAID to give us a
> 'power
> >> quote' :-P Lets also ask one from Voralberg.
>
> Thanks, would be great if you can get some quotes from other places too.

I've asked a few people....

> >> I think we need a screenshot of QGIS with toolbars neatly arranged and
> >> classic legend view on left map on right, attribute table opened and on
> top
> >> of a nice map.
>
> I thought about that but I think it would either have to be a pretty
> big image or else it won't be possible to distinguish anything.

Probably - but the issue I have is that we dont really have a 'normal
screenshot of QGIS - the modelbuilder image you have isnt really very
representative.

Perhaps two pics - one of QGIS open with a nice looking map and one of an
attribute table with some rows selected?

> >> I think the Q on front fold is going to get chopped when it folds.
>
> Yes, that's on purpose. It "continues" on the backside of the folder ;)

Ah ok - Ill have to try a print out.....:-)

> >> Perhaps a screenshot of QGIS web client under sponsords area?
>
> You don't like white space, do you? :D
> Same problem as with the screenshot of the desktop version imho.

No I dont mind white space, I just think the pamphlet should highlight the
typical 'out the box' experience.

> >> I would also remove the 1.8 Lisboa line and keep it generic.
>
> Sure, now that we removed "new features", removing the version
> information makes sense.
>
> >> Perhaps add a little so the front page reads like this:
> >> Quantum GIS
> >> A Free, Open Source Geographical Information System for everyone!
>
> I'm not a native speaker so I'll rely on you. For me this sounds a bit
> too "cute" and not as professional as it could.

I would consider it 'upbeat' rather than 'cute' :-) Perhaps we can remove
'for everyone' from my sentance above...

> Please let me know if AUSAID or Vorarlberg answer.

I will do

>  Best wishes,
> Anita

 * QGIS programming services