[Qgis-psc] Releasing 2.0

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Wed Dec 19 07:54:12 PST 2012

Hi Paolo

On Wed, Dec 19, 2012 at 5:49 PM, Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it> wrote:
> Hi all.
> I know I'm bothering, perhaps in vain. However, I would like to share my worries: I
> think we have a good user base, ready to sponsor missing features, and we have a
> system to manage this. What we miss are developers willing to take eventual funding
> to complete the missing tasks.
> Why am I worried? Because I know more and more people are forced to use qgis-dev,
> because they need some more recent feature or bugfix, and if we do not complete the
> tasks, we'll be stuck in the middle of the transition for long enough to make our
> users unhappy.
> Am I wrong? Am I the only one to have these feelings?

>From my side I think that we either need to remove blockers from the
list or wait, its as simple as that. The former option seems more
logical to me. We were hoping for an end December feature freeze, but
I suggest we push that out to end Jan and then just roll what we have
into a 2.0 release - there are already so many great new things in
master it will more than warrant a 2.0 designation.

> All the best.
> --
> Paolo Cavallini - Faunalia
> www.faunalia.eu