[Qgis-psc] Fwd: proposal for a QGIS documentation web infrastructure development sprint @ 7th QGIS Developer Meeting in Lyon 2012

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Tue Mar 20 15:27:01 PDT 2012

Hi

On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 4:11 PM, Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it> wrote:
> Il 15/03/2012 17:12, Paolo Cavallini ha scritto:
>
>> I'm forarding this proposal by Paolo Corti.
>> I think it is very interesting, but I leave the decision to the psc.
>
> Hi all.
> Could you please confirm your opinion? I think Paolo would need to organize beforehand.

I just want to qualify my previous statement a little better: "I'd be
happy to +1 that assuming we have the funds. I have two comments on
the notes above:"

In the past we had a rule that you must be a committer / contributor
to obtain funding to attend the HF.  I would be happy to have Paolo C
there and making his contribution but we just need to be mindful of
the fact that we for example declined funding to Anne on a previous
occasion because she didnt meet this 'must be a committer' criteria.
In the light of the fact that we have a little more financial
resources floating around maybe we can loosed this rule to include non
established developers to be funded, but maybe we need to do it a
little more transparently e.g. a call for funding requests and then
some kind of evaluation process of who we will fund based on their
contribution and funding requirements?

> All the best, and thanks to all.
> --
> Paolo Cavallini - Faunalia