[Qgis-psc] Fwd: proposal for a QGIS documentation web infrastructure development sprint @ 7th QGIS Developer Meeting in Lyon 2012

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Tue Mar 20 23:46:50 PDT 2012

Il 20/03/2012 23:27, Tim Sutton ha scritto:
> In the past we had a rule that you must be a committer / contributor
> to obtain funding to attend the HF.  I would be happy to have Paolo C
> there and making his contribution but we just need to be mindful of
> the fact that we for example declined funding to Anne on a previous
> occasion because she didnt meet this 'must be a committer' criteria.
> In the light of the fact that we have a little more financial
> resources floating around maybe we can loosed this rule to include non
> established developers to be funded, but maybe we need to do it a
> little more transparently e.g. a call for funding requests and then
> some kind of evaluation process of who we will fund based on their
> contribution and funding requirements?
Hi Tim.
Thanks for your thoughts. Agreed fully. I think we should accept
additional devs, as HF are a good way to lure them into the project, but
we should do so only when they have a clear proposal. I would avoid
sponsoring people "just jumping in", without a clear idea of what they
can do during the HF and beyond to improve QGIS.
All the best.

--
Paolo Cavallini
See: http://www.faunalia.it/pc