[Qgis-psc] Fwd: proposal for a QGIS documentation web infrastructure development sprint @ 7th QGIS Developer Meeting in Lyon 2012

Paolo Corti pcorti at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 01:54:51 PDT 2012

On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 11:27 PM, Tim Sutton <tim at linfiniti.com> wrote:

> I just want to qualify my previous statement a little better: "I'd be
> happy to +1 that assuming we have the funds. I have two comments on
> the notes above:"
>
> In the past we had a rule that you must be a committer / contributor
> to obtain funding to attend the HF.  I would be happy to have Paolo C
> there and making his contribution but we just need to be mindful of
> the fact that we for example declined funding to Anne on a previous
> occasion because she didnt meet this 'must be a committer' criteria.
> In the light of the fact that we have a little more financial
> resources floating around maybe we can loosed this rule to include non
> established developers to be funded, but maybe we need to do it a
> little more transparently e.g. a call for funding requests and then
> some kind of evaluation process of who we will fund based on their
> contribution and funding requirements?
>
> Regards
>
> Tim

Hello Tim, hello QGIS PSC

I couldn't agree more with your reasons ;)
I understand that there are important project guidelines to follow,
and when I have been initially discussing with Paolo regarding this
possibility (joining the developer meeting for the purpose of creating
the infrastructure in the subject) I had no idea that this could be a
bit complicated because of these constraints.

One option to go could be that I still could work on this stuff
without being in Lyon but remotely. Would it suit?

Thanks again and sorry for bother about it ;)

Paolo Corti
Geospatial software developer
web: http://www.paolocorti.net
twitter: @capooti