[Qgis-psc] Fwd: proposal for a QGIS documentation web infrastructure development sprint @ 7th QGIS Developer Meeting in Lyon 2012

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Wed Mar 21 12:25:09 PDT 2012

Hi

On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 8:56 PM, Anne Ghisla <a.ghisla at gmail.com> wrote:

8<----snip-----------------------

> I second the call for transparency. A wiki page/ a static page on the
> site could list the requirements for refund - the information will be
> easily accessible, also for hackfest newcomers, and for any doubt
> regarding eligibility.

Personally I have fallen out of love with wiki's - the information is
always stale and disorganised and difficult to know what is canonical
info and what is not. For sure they have their place as a scratch pad,
but I would like to see all documentation nicely curated in sphinx
projects. I have started a sphinx project for governance matters a
while back were this kind of information would make sense.

https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Governance

In the light of my statement above, Paolo Corti's workplan is
especially interesting to me as I am looking forward to the
reorganisation of our documentation infrastructure into a single
platform.

 * QGIS programming services
 * FOSS Consulting Services
Skype: timlinux Irc: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net