[Qgis-psc] HF dinners

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Mon Mar 26 00:40:27 PDT 2012

Hi

On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 9:29 AM, Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it> wrote:
> Hi all.
> We do not have an explicit policy about payment for dinners during the HF. I suggest
> to decide for one. Dinners are a mayor expense during HF, and while I'm sure all our
> donors will be happy to pay for, say, Juergen beers, I'm not so sure about the casual
> joiner (even if the contribution of everybody is valuable).
> Possible alternatives:
> - pay for everybody
> - pay only for those who ask explicitly
> - pay only for core developers
> - other?

I think people won't mind either way as long as its clear before hand
what is going on. Personally I'd be happy to have one dinner and spend
the rest of the evenings at the venue with e.g. takeout so I can get
more hack time in - those dinners eat up a lot of hack time :-P. If
you have the funds lets do one sponsored dinner for everyone attending
and then indicate the rest are 'pay your own way'.

Paolo it might also be nice (if we have the budget) to get some small
tokens for the organisers (I'm thinking something from the QGIS store
like the yellow QGIS tote bag that I have that is nearly ten years old
and still going strong).  Or even just some QGIS mugs or t-shirts.
Only problem is identifying who the specific organisers are.

> Of course this is not *crucial*, as we still have funds, but we're getting closer to
> the edge.
> All the best.
> --
> Paolo Cavallini - Faunalia