[Qgis-psc] Re: [Qgis-user] Re: Donations

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Tue Mar 27 23:16:42 PDT 2012

On 27/03/2012 20:25, Bernd Vogelgesang wrote:
> I'm glad to tell you, that there is a growing interest of small businesses and even
> administration offices in getting involved with QGIS.

Good news, I think we all have the same perception and data.

> I already had my second training-course for some biologists last weekend.
> My fees are still too low, but nevertheless i am planning to donate a fixed
> percentage of each course to the QGIS developers.

I also do regularly the same, setting aside some hour of development work for each
course I give. This raises an interesting issue: I would like to make it clear to
participants which of the courses actually contribute back to the well-being of the
project.
What about a "QGIS friendly" label for courses, to be given to courses that give back
a donation, or development hours?
All the best.
--
Paolo Cavallini - Faunalia