[Qgis-psc] BfF

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Tue Feb 12 04:38:20 PST 2013

Il 12/02/2013 12:55, Tim Sutton ha scritto:

> Maybe I didnt understand the site well enough - but it the requirement that QGIS
> funds all the projects posted there?

Not: the bid is open to contributors, we're just saying "hey, there's a nice project
you can fund, if we reach this amount we'll start coding, you'll pay when its
finished, and you're happy with the results". anybody can contribute, with any amount

> Sure me too - picking a small project to start with is cool - I was more just
> questioning the particular choice as I had never seen this feature mentioned in our
> discussions this far.

See: http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/qgis-developer/2013-January/024165.html
No problem in making this dormient, and starting with another one, if you prefer -
I've been asking the list several times, and this just happens to be the first
project for which we have a list of specs, an estimate, and a developer willing to code.
If there are better options, I'm happy to postpone this one.
I'm just eager to start, and see if the system works well.
All the best.
--
Paolo Cavallini - Faunalia
www.faunalia.eu