[Qgis-psc] BfF

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Tue Feb 12 03:55:33 PST 2013

Hi

On Tue, Feb 12, 2013 at 12:31 PM, Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it>wrote:

> Il 11/02/2013 21:10, Tim Sutton ha scritto:
> >
> > I guess my objection is that we discussed and mostly approved going
> > ahead with Sextente fixes and this kinda comes out of left field - I
> > don't know if it makes sense to me that we spend money on features
> > that arent on our roadmap (not that it would not be interesting to
> > have this).
> >

> Hi Tim,
> the idea was rather different: having a marketplace where people can
> choose their preferred project.

Ok that sounds good

> I do not think there will be heavy competition among projects, as we
> have many hundreds, maybe million users.
> Maybe we can mark our blockers as "roadmap issues", "top importance for
> qgis team", or similar?

Maybe I didnt understand the site well enough - but it the requirement that
QGIS funds all the projects posted there?

> BTW, I did not start with the sextante bid because I'll meet Victor
> soon, and we can discuss in more detail about the specific tasks, etc.
> Comments welcome, I'd like to start and see if this approach can become
> a viable resource for QGIS.

Sure me too - picking a small project to start with is cool - I was more
just questioning the particular choice as I had never seen this feature
mentioned in our discussions this far.

> All the best.
>
> --
> Paolo Cavallini - Faunalia