[Qgis-psc] Bringing fresh blood

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Sat Jan 26 11:21:31 PST 2013

Hi Paolo

On Sat, Jan 26, 2013 at 7:57 PM, Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it> wrote:

> So, if nobody objects, can I start?
> I agree starting with just one block. My suggestion is:
>
>    * add a bugtracker for all the plugins that miss it
>    * update to the new API the plugins that are not working
>    * migrate the plugin from the old to the new repo

I think it is not yet the right time to start updating plugins to new
API: for example old symbology and old labeling still have not been
removed. Only after we freeze API for v2.0 it makes sense to start
updating them.

Also, I still have some reservations to bulk migration of plugins to
new repository. If the original author has not done the migration yet,
the plugin is most likely not maintained anymore. By migrating a
plugin to new repository, the person who does that will be
automatically considered as a new maintainer of such plugin because it
is the only person with the rights to push new versions. I'm not sure
if that's a good approach especially if the migration would not be
driven by a commitment to continue maintenance.

Regards
Martin