[Qgis-psc] Enable travis on QGIS projectr

Tim Sutton tim at kartoza.com
Sat Nov 15 12:34:19 PST 2014

Hi Matthias

On Fri, Nov 14, 2014 at 8:19 PM, Matthias Kuhn <matthias.kuhn at gmx.ch> wrote:

> Dear Tim, Testing and QA manager
> Dear PSC
>
> The last days I have been busy to get the test suite into a state where
> it can be used for continuous integration.

​Great - thanks for this!​

> Currently almost all tests are passing. Some bugs could be fixed.
> Some are disabled because:
>  * There is a problem with them that needs to be addressed like a crash
> on exit on this particular platform
>  * There are pull requests pending with patches I did not dare to apply
> myself but will make the test pass (and hopefully improve the source code).

​Ok​

> While I am able to push the changes required to fix the tests and the
> requires file that tells travis how to build and test the project I
> don't have the admin rights to give travis access to the necessary hooks.
> I would therefore like to ask the PSC to either enable this service for
> the QGIS repository on the travis-ci homepage or assign me the necessary
> rights on the QGIS repository to pull the handle myself.

​Ok I enabled it on travis with these settings:

[image: Inline image 1]​

> Thank you very much for your consideration, I hope this effort helps to
> improve stability of QGIS in the long run,

​Thanks very much for your work on this - we use travis auto tests on PR in
InaSAFE and it works really well so I am looking forward to seeing the same
set up in place for QGIS. As a follow on we need to mandate that no PR
should be accepted that does not have passing tests in Travis as per your
QEp-5.

Regards

Tim​

> Matthias