[Qgis-psc] Drakensberg map

Richard Duivenvoorde richard at duif.net
Fri Oct 10 00:34:18 PDT 2014

On 10-10-14 08:46, Paolo Cavallini wrote:

> Hi all.
> This is not a crucial issue for me, but if we want to use HF location names (which I
> believe local organizers will appreciate, and deserve), Vienna and Essen come first,
> as we had two HF each, the firs before Brighton.
> Why not deciding the whole sequence now? Having a predictable release cycle will make
> it easy and predictable.
> All the best.

Deciding the whole sequence is fine, but the bottleneck is always a nice
map for the splash. I think local organizers will appreciate naming of
versions, but making it a burden for Anita to provide a splash in time
is not fair.

So what about: Brighton, Vienna, Essen, go go: the first one who comes
up with a good usable splash map for Anita will be the 2.6 version?

After the 2.6 release we (issue is always who, not what) come up with a
sequence (not tight to version numbers yet), and make the location
country members responsible for a map before feature freeze (lowering
splash stress for Anita).

In case of no map, we take the next one from the list, given that one
provided a map. In case of a problem: we name it Amsterdam, with this
public art map of Gerrit de Broen (around 1737):

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Gerrit_de_Broen_-_Amsterdam_%28versie_Stadsarchief%29.jpg

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde