[Qgis-psc] Information on trade registry entry

Neumann, Andreas a.neumann at carto.net
Wed Oct 14 00:26:10 PDT 2015

Hi,

I did some investigations about a trade registry entry. It seems that
this is necessary only, if a business partner or governmental agency
asks for it. One can do business without the trade registry entry. If we
need a VAT number then we have to do the trade registry entry. Also, if
our turn overs go beyond 100'000 CHF (which probably will happen sooner
or later).

I suggest to not do the trade registry entry unless a business partner
or governmental department asks for it.

It costs the following fees to do the trade registry entry:

- CHF 400.- for a new entry

- CHF 80.- to 160.- for changes in the charter/statutes (depending on
how much of a change it is)

- CHF 20.- for mutating persons on the board

- CHF 50.- to get a legal document to hand over to business partners

So - if we decide to do the trade registry - I suggest we don't do many
changes in the statutes afterwards (better do them before) and only
register 2-3 persons on the board (not all). I believe the new entry fee
includes the initial registrations of persons.

In any case - we would also need to have the physical signatures of the
board members who shall be in the trade registry. And we would have to
properly prepare the legal documents (signed charter, signed document of
our foundation).

Cheers,