[Qgis-psc] Take the QGIS user survey

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Thu Oct 15 06:53:26 PDT 2015

Il 15/10/2015 15:11, Tim Sutton ha scritto:

> Yeah I have been watching the results come in with great interest. Yes I

yes, same here - getting sort of addicted to page refresh ;)

> made some discrete enquiries with a couple of developers to give me some
> idea of what we would need to pay them to hire them full time for 1 year
> at a time. I think if we get a good idea of how much we need to fund
> some full time developers we can hold a dedicated funding drive. I think
> especially if we can demonstrate that the work that we put QGIS.org
> <http://QGIS.org> staff onto is well aligned with the priorities of the
> community, we should have a good chance of success.

agreed, seems a logical step forward.

> That is a good question :-) One that surprises me is that the majority
> of people prioritised new features for QGIS (at least bug fixing was a
> close second).

yes, surprising, but maybe not completely. in fact, people always want more.
remember that this is a non random sample: especially in  the first day,
it is quite likely that only people very close to the project are
responding; it will be interesting seeing how things evolve through time.

Thanks agin for the idea and the implementation, Tim!
--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu