[Qgis-psc] Survey results

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Fri Oct 16 01:24:18 PDT 2015

Hi andreas, all,

Il 16/10/2015 09:37, Neumann, Andreas ha scritto:
> I have a couple of questions what we will do with the results?
> ( https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1G6p3QFUJBfxv3ySnryDRGMmF-e7PHWUOwrGo9OH2Yog/viewanalytics )
>
> Will we publish the results to the public after a couple of days? I
> would hope we do! Also in order to demonstrate that we are transparent ...

I believe we can wait a few more days, at least when the number of new
submissions starts levelling.

> The versions in other languages (french, portuguese, spanish) - are they
> separate and will have to be merged later on?

It would be nice to have the general picture. Certainly this is
something we should address for next surveys.

> How do we deal with the comments? Will we classify them into categories
> like:

I was also wandering about this. I think there are interesting
suggestions there, not to be missed. Perhaps one of us should take the
time to summarize them, in order to prepare a general picture. I
volunteer for this, if nobody is available.

> For some comments it clearly seems that some users are quite misinformed
> or maybe judge QGIS based on their use of quite old versions ... or
> simply aren't aware of our existing functionality.

Right, this is also what I find during most workshops and courses.
Obviously we have a communication problem here, perhaps we should devote
more resources to external communication. I have see LibreOffice doing a
very good job on this, with good success.

> Other than that it is impressive

Very much so! :)

All the best.
--