[Qgis-psc] Survey results

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Fri Oct 16 01:33:14 PDT 2015

Il 16/10/2015 10:21, Tim Sutton ha scritto:

> Yes - very interesting and invigorating - and a lot less noisy that
> cyclical discussions on the mailing lists. I think we can use this
> approach in the future to drill into more specific areas of the project
> (in the process learning from this survey e.g. having multilingual
> surveys ready from the start).

One thing that strikes me is the need for additional functions: contrary
to my expectations, many users do not find QGIS feature complete, and
have to recur to other sw to complete their job.
This may be due to real lack of functionalities or, as Andreas pointed
out, to lack of knowledge about new, somewhat hidden, tools.
Given that, it is not surprising that the highst priority is given to
new features rather than, as most of us expected, to bugfixing.
Discovering whether this is due to lack of functions or lack of
communication / documentation is, I think, crucial for the project.
All the best.

--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu