[Qgis-psc] Closing the poll?

Vincent Picavet (ml) vincent.ml at oslandia.com
Mon Oct 26 08:17:51 PDT 2015

Hello,

On 26/10/2015 15:06, Paolo Cavallini wrote:
> Il 26/10/2015 14:11, Tim Sutton ha scritto:
>
>> Or perhaps we should consider refining it based on our experiences from
>> this on and then repost it and leave it permanently online. It would be
>> very useful to e.g. embed it in a widget off QGIS Help -> Tell us what
>> you think menu and let people give us their feedback on a long running
>> basis.
>
> good idea. in this case, I'd suggest to reduce the number of questions,
> and make it more general (once started, changing the question would
> complicate the stats).

I think it would be better to accompany each release of QGIS with a new
poll. This has a few advantages :

* users who already took the survey will re-post if it is presented as a
new survey, but not if it is considered the same
* it is easier to analyze answers if they are made in a short time
frame. Otherwise you will compare things from different times, with
different contexts (and qgis versions)
* Different times and different contexts will lead to different
questions being interesting to poll. You cannot change questions on a
permanent poll, or it gets a real mess
* On a general marketing point of view, is it easier to publicize a
"new" thing than a "reborn" one. Having a new (versionned) poll per
release, and inviting downloaders to take the poll would probably be
efficient in terms of participation

Vincent