[Qgis-psc] Possible venue for March 2016 QGIS Hackfest

Tim Sutton tim at kartoza.com
Tue Oct 27 01:01:33 PDT 2015

Hi Lluis

On Mon, Oct 26, 2015 at 1:09 PM, Lluís Vicens <lluis at sigte.udg.es> wrote:

> On 14/10/15 14:06, Tim Sutton wrote:
>
> Hi
>
> On Wed, Oct 14, 2015 at 12:12 PM, Lluís Vicens <lluis at sigte.udg.es> wrote:
>
>> [...]
>>

>> Dear all,
>>
>> We are still working with the following dates for organizing the Spanish
>> FOSS4G + the Hack Meeting of QGIS + the QGIS International User Conference:
>>
>> From the 23rd to 27th of May
>>
>> As soon as we have more precise information, I will let you know. By now,
>> we area looking for the different venues, rooms, etc. and how to combine
>> all this activities.
>> Thanks for your patience ;)
>>

>> Great thanks Lluís - I am going to run the dates / rough proposal past
>> the PSC today at our meeting
>>

>> Hi Tim,
>>
>> Any news about this?
>>

> ​ Thanks for your email - we did discuss it in our last PSC meeting. My
> feeling is that everyone is on board - once we have finalised dates etc. I
> will put it to the board for a vote of approval on loomio. Is there any
> news from your side? If you can basically write a short paragraph or two
> explaining where the venu is, what the dates will be, what the support will
> be, how mch you think QGIS will need to budget from our own funds etc. I
> will put it to the PSC for vote of approval and we can start publicising it.
>
> Regards
>
> Tim
>
> Hi,
>
> Regarding to the hack meeting, we are trying to look for the best option
> for accommodation as well as rooms for working, in the city. We were
> waiting for an answer from the monastery of Sant Daniel (next to the city):
> a very calm and quite place (just at ten minutes walking from the city
> center) in a small valley in the "backyard" of Girona.
>
> They informed us that they can only host 26 persons while they have a room
> big enough for 40 programmers. The problem is that they only have 26 places
> for accommodation. You are more than that, are you?

Alternatively, we are looking at the city hostel. They have enough space
> for accommodation and we are now looking for a nice place to work (a
> community center), very close to the hostel. We hope to give you a more
> detailed answer in the upcoming days.

​Thanks for the update. Just bear in mind that we would like to hold the
user conference part too (which may attract up to 150 people). Are your
suggestions above specifically for the code fest part of the programme?

If the monastry sleeps 26 people, is there cheap nearby accommodation that
the overflow participants can stay at?

So for the user conference part (overlapping with SIG conference venue etc)
we should expect ~150 people
For the hackfest part we should expect 40 - 50 people I think

Others in CC may be able to give a better idea of numbers...

Regards

Tim​
​

Skype: timlinux Irc: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net