[Qgis-psc] Moving the issue queue to github

Matthias Kuhn matthias at opengis.ch
Tue Apr 5 02:04:31 PDT 2016

On 04/05/2016 09:26 AM, Sandro Santilli wrote:

> OSGeo becoming an OpenID provider would be the other side
> of intervention.

That wouldn't solve the "tickets and code on one platform" issue and
wouldn't solve the UX issue.

For reference, that's what the signup form looks like:
https://www.osgeo.org/cgi-bin/ldap_create_user.py

All the SSL components are quite old (SHA-1 signature, TLS 1.0, obsolete
cipher suite).

To be honest, the current infrastructure also hasn't struck me as
exceptionally reliable and up-to-date (that's probably biased by the
regular hub.q.o outages also).

My main requirements for a platform are

 * Offer a nice UX (John Doe has a good feeling when signing up)
 * Be stable
 * Receive regular security patches
 * Integrated issue, code, pull request (with CI) management

Github would offer all that with a minimum effort to get there. I don't
think anybody will be scared of signing up.

Matthias