[Qgis-psc] Moving the issue queue to github

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Thu Apr 7 01:11:21 PDT 2016

Hi Matthias,

On Thu, 07. Apr 2016 at 08:48:50 +0200, Matthias Kuhn wrote:
> Are we aiming for a feature-complete migration now? I thought we want
> just something more than placeholders ;)

I'm not asking to switch to bugtracking in github.  I'm fine with redmine's
functionality.  But I was also fine with trac.  Maybe I'll be fine with github
too, but I never tried to find or filter any specific tickets in github (eg. to
find duplicates, severe bugs, tickets about a component) and AFAICS that has
far less functionality (that I actually use) than redmine (or trac) has.  All
that might be mappable to labels, but having myriads of labels is cumbersome
too. Yes, I also think no reporter will use them.  But I already find it hard
to stay on top of the tickets (if we manage at all) and therefore loosing
structure and functionality doesn't strike me as a clear win.

Jürgen

Software Engineer           D-26506 Norden             http://www.norbit.de
QGIS release manager (PSC)  Germany                    IRC: jef on FreeNode