[Qgis-psc] Moving the issue queue to github

Matthias Kuhn matthias at opengis.ch
Thu Apr 7 04:03:19 PDT 2016

Hi Jürgen

On 04/07/2016 12:48 PM, Jürgen E. Fischer wrote:
> Hi Giovanni,
>
> On Thu, 07. Apr 2016 at 10:57:43 +0100, Giovanni Manghi wrote:
>> it seems clear to me that both the PSC a also other top devs are split about
>> the move. Of course I think that the move will not be seamless, but to the
>> skeptical people I'm asking... is there really an option here to stay on
>> obsolete, slow, ugly, not updated, not mobile friendly platform?
> Well, it's not uptodate - not sure if would require more effort to update
> redmine (debian has 3.0) than to migrate to gh.
>
> Slow, not sure if that's redmine's fault - maybe it's faster on a different
> host (is the vm migrated to the new osgeo host yet?  docker instance on qgis2?)

Do you expect infrastructure management to improve in the future? If
yes, why?

> Ugly?  I disagree.  But that's not a high priority for me.
It's not only targetted at devs. It should also be attractive to file bugs.

> Mobile friendly?  Um, that's even less important to me.
Neither for me a high prio
> But would make gh make finding relevant tickets easier?  So far I don't think
> it would.

Would it make it harder? So far I don't think it would.

What about the other criteria I listed in an earlier mail?

--
Matthias Kuhn
OPENGIS.ch - https://www.opengis.ch