[Qgis-psc] Moving the issue queue to github

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Fri Apr 8 07:38:40 PDT 2016

On Fri, Apr 08, 2016 at 03:03:02PM +0200, DelazJ wrote:
> Hi,
> I think that using GitHub for bug report will help to homogenize issue
> report process along QGIS projects (pointing users to the real place to
> report things and the steps to do it wasn't really well documented and
> could puzzle people imho). I'd have prefered a FOSS platform, that said.

We're evaluating a FOSS alternative at OSGeo level.
Beside gogs, which is already in staging for tests at
https://tuscia.pallamondo.net, we're trying to setup
a gitlab instance.

> From a reporter point of view, does anybody know if it's possible for any
> bug reporter to set labels and milestone (and assignee) while filling an
> issue? AFAICS, only(?) committers have this right (unless it's a hidden
> setting).

I was never able to ever set a label/milestone for a github repository
I did not have write access to. Also, I wasn't able to _search_ for
tickets w/out labels (which would be needed for triaging).

--strk;