[Qgis-psc] Moving the issue queue to github

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Mon Apr 11 02:40:21 PDT 2016

On Mon, Apr 11, 2016 at 10:38:12AM +0200, DelazJ wrote:
>  Hi,
>
> Actually, I'm not sure that how filter reported issues using tags is what
> we should care about first. To use tags, they should be filled with the
> issue report. How will this be done and by who? eg, Who will add the Qgis
> release concerned by the bug reported? who will set the category? ... Will
> all reporters think to add these information in their description? Does it
> ease their reports steps? And if not done, ...?
> "Bref", considering this point, will moving to Github ease life for
> developers and bug list cleaners?
> I think these are some other daily points that need to be analyzed before
> moving...

All good point.
Please consider also the alternative of integrating more Redmine
with a git service. A first step in that direction is here:
https://git.osgeo.org/_gogs_/qgis/qgis

You'll see that ticket references in the commit logs point to the
corresponding Redmine issue, and both the git service and redmine
allow login via OSGeo Userid.

--strk;