[Qgis-psc] Draft blog article about enterprises

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Thu Apr 21 02:27:44 PDT 2016

Hi Regis,

On Thu, 21. Apr 2016 at 08:50:15 +0000, HAUBOURG wrote:
> Sorry for posting in PSC list, but I wanted to send a big +1 to Matthias
> initiative.

Looks like the digest ate some formatting.  Actually Matthias was just
commenting on Tim's and Richard's initiative.

> I was quite shocked by recent marketing campaigns trying to endorse QGIS and
> downgrading QGIS to a simple community edition, just as other pseudo open
> Source projects based on one unique contributor that has a lot more to sell
> than only community edition.

Multiple campaigns?  I thought there was just one.

It's not really wrong - but it easy to get the wrong impression that the
community is just contributing and someone else has the lead - which would be a
boundless overstatement.

Jürgen

Software Engineer           D-26506 Norden             http://www.norbit.de
QGIS release manager (PSC)  Germany                    IRC: jef on FreeNode