[Qgis-psc] Draft blog article about enterprises

Matthias Kuhn matthias at opengis.ch
Thu Apr 21 03:25:54 PDT 2016

Hi Jürgen

On 04/21/2016 11:27 AM, Jürgen E. Fischer wrote:
> Hi Regis,
>
> On Thu, 21. Apr 2016 at 08:50:15 +0000, HAUBOURG wrote:
>> Sorry for posting in PSC list, but I wanted to send a big +1 to Matthias
>> initiative.
> Looks like the digest ate some formatting.  Actually Matthias was just
> commenting on Tim's and Richard's initiative.

Actually said Matthias asked Tim and the PSC to discuss such an initiative.

>> I was quite shocked by recent marketing campaigns trying to endorse QGIS and
>> downgrading QGIS to a simple community edition, just as other pseudo open
>> Source projects based on one unique contributor that has a lot more to sell
>> than only community edition.
> Multiple campaigns?  I thought there was just one.
>
> It's not really wrong - but it easy to get the wrong impression that the
> community is just contributing and someone else has the lead - which would be a
> boundless overstatement.

I don't want to start a big discussion about this here. But to get
things right, at least parts of the initiative were litterally wrong.
E.g. the statement:

"Boundless releases QGIS 2.14.1"
https://twitter.com/boundlessgeo/status/722525205952925696

To my knowledge Jürgen is our release manager.

Matthias Kuhn
OPENGIS.ch - https://www.opengis.ch
Spatial • (Q)GIS • PostGIS • Open Source