[Qgis-psc] Fwd: No QGIS in stretch due to Qt4 WebKit removal

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Sun Jan 10 01:50:34 PST 2016

Hi all,
what are the plans for the migration? I see Nyall has done some
interesting (and somewhat worrisome) analysis on this [0]. Apparently a
lot of work is necessary, and AFAIK nothing serious has been done yet.
Perhaps better discussing it at the upcoming PSC meeting?
All the best.
===
[0]
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Enhancement-Proposals/issues/29
https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/qgis-developer/2015-December/040699.html
https://github.com/qgis/qgis3.0_api/issues

-------- Messaggio Inoltrato --------

The Qt4 WebKit removal bugreport for qgis (#784514) has been raised to
Release Critical severity which will cause its removal from testing.

Because qscintilla2 doesn't support Qt5 for Python 2 and QGIS upstream
doesn't support Python 3 yet, we cannot move away from Qt4 yet.

It is not within my power to fix this, so we'll have to live with no new
qgis builds for a while.

Hopefully the upcoming QGIS 2.14 release will build successfully with
Qt5 & Python 3 and is ready in time for stretch.

Kind Regards,

Bas

--
 GPG Key ID: 4096R/6750F10AE88D4AF1