[Qgis-psc] Fwd: No QGIS in stretch due to Qt4 WebKit removal

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Mon Jan 11 22:37:26 PST 2016

Il 11/01/2016 18:59, Matthias Kuhn ha scritto:
> I'd really appreciate to see somebody invest into python3 and pyqt5 (in
> parallel to python 2 and pyqt4).
>
> This way people attracted by bleeding edge distributions could try QGIS
> 2.next with new technologies and pave the path towards a bright future
> with QGIS 3. At the same time everybody else can continue to use
> binaries linked against well-tested libraries until we are sure that we
> are ready to make the move for other distributions as well.

IMHO having the possibility to easily install the experimental version,
alongside with the stable one, on all major OSs (and especially on
Debian/Ubuntu, where most innovation-inclined people probaly reside)
would greatly increase our tester base.
Unfortunately, it does not seem a trivial task.
All the best.

--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu