[Qgis-psc] Call for Presentations and Workshops. 2nd Int. QGIS Conference, May 2016

Lluís Vicens lluis at sigte.udg.es
Mon Jan 25 05:51:37 PST 2016

On 21/01/16 22:00, Tim Sutton wrote:
> Hi Lluis
Hi Tim,

>> On 21 Jan 2016, at 13:12, Lluís Vicens <lluis at sigte.udg.es
>> <mailto:lluis at sigte.udg.es>> wrote:

[...]
>> a) My opinion is that the conference website [1], should be a good
>> platform to inform and to give details about what is a Hack fest, how
>> to participate, venue and accommodation, ... in summary, a place
>> where to find all the relevant information about this activity.
>>
> Ok that sounds good.
/*+1 *

So, If there is some kind of information about the hack fest that should
be published on the hack fest page [1], please let me know. By the way,
I will put a link in the hack fest page, pointing at the wiki you made a
days ago, so the people can register themselves.

[1]
http://www.sigte.udg.edu/jornadassiglibre/en/international-qgis-user-and-developer-conference/hackfest//

>> b) When a person decides to participate in this activity (by testing,
>> coding, translating, ...), a button with a link will redirect him/her
>> from the conference website to your wiki page where you can
>> control/manage who is being registered, tasks to develop, etc... I
>> don't know how you usually organize yourself from inside, and this
>> are just some examples…
>
> A while ago I made this wiki page:
>
> https://hub.qgis.org/wiki/quantum-gis/15th_QGIS_Developer_Meeting_in_Girona_Spain_2015
>
> Which we can use to register people for the hackfest. We should make
> it clear that user conference attendees should register in the
> conference website and note on the wiki page too I guess.

/Yes, then considering that we can offer a set of free conference
tickets for those who are willing to participate at the hack fest. Once
we open the registration form and as soon as the people proceed to
register to the Conference, we will modify their profile from regular
attendee (that should pay a the fee for attending the conference) to
"guest" attendees.

Does this work for you? By the time, the nine registered developers that
are already registered on the wiki, they will be the first beneficiaries
of the free tickets for the Conference. Let's see how much free
conference ticket can we offer... /

>> c) Once you have a list of registered attendees to the hack fest (for
>> instance, 40 persons), you should decide (I don't know the method to
>> use, perhaps by lottery or any other kind of ranking and selection)
>
> I suggest we make them to core developers / project contributors on a
> "first come, first served" basis and then make them available to
> others on a first come, first served basis.
/ok/

>> whom will be accommodated at the monastery, while the rest should be
>> allocated in an hotel or apartment nearby, at his/her own charge.
>> Once we have the list of the 26 persons that will be accommodated at
>> the monastery, we can proceed to book and assign the rooms.
>>
>> As I said in previous conversations, we would like to cover the
>> maximum of the hack fest expenses. That is:
>>
>> #1) accommodation of 26 persons
>> #2) breakfast of 26 persons
>> #3) lunch and dinner for all the attendees (i.e. 40 persons)
>> #4) rooms for working
>>

> Again, thank you so much for this!
>
>> Do you find this work flow usefulfor you? Any comments, suggestions
>> or doubts?
>
> Yeah that seems fine. I just need help to fill in the wiki page with
> transport arrangements, venue details etc.
/I'm going to send you the desired information to update the wiki page
for the hack fest. If you want, I can give information about the
following issues:

Venue, Accommodation, Dining, Transportation, Fun run/walk**, About the
area, ...

**Are there trail runners among you? There is a nice green area, full of
paths (upslope and downslope) next to the monastery so, a trail running
path could be arranged :) On the other hand,we can even organize a
pleasant walk for the surrounding
/

> Regards
>
> Tim