[Qgis-psc] Which version should be LT?

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Thu Jan 28 11:15:44 PST 2016

Hi Anita, Richard,

In a normal situation I would full-heartedly agree - yes - stick to the
1year release schedule for LTRs. But in our current situation  - if we
release 2.16 - I really think it would be more beneficial to ours users
that we end the 2.x releases with an LTR.

At least yesterday at the annual QGIS-CH user meeting - when we
discussed the issue of 3.0 - the vast majority of the Swiss users
proposed that we should end with an LTR. Having the last release as LTR
is more important to them then the regular release schedule.

I am just transporting here the opinion of the Swiss QGIS users.
Probably many other users would think the same.

And of course - because we had not plan for QGIS 3.0 until now - there
was no opportunity to discuss this matter earlier - that's why I am
bringing it up just now - in the light of the discussion we had
yesterday at the meeting.

Andreas

 > I don't think that documentation/translation work will be "lost" if
we make 2.16 the LT, and not 2.14. 95% of what you document/translate
will be the same in 2.16. And besides that - documentation was nevery
fully in sync ...