[Qgis-psc] Which version should be LT?

René-Luc Dhont rldhont at gmail.com
Fri Jan 29 03:21:20 PST 2016

Hi PSC,

I don't know if I have rights to react here. But this discussion about
LTR has to include the discussion about LTR duration.
If the 2.0 cycle ending with an LTR which version will be the next LTR :
3.2 or 3.8 ?

An other point for me, I understand why this discussion but I have
worked on 2.14 as a LTR. I know that if the decision about the version
3.0 schedule was taken in septembre 2015, we don't have this discussion.

Some of my customers are waiting for version 2.14 as a LTR. This mean
that they are waiting for the new LTR to update the deployed QGIS and
they paid some features to be explicitly in version 2.14 as an LTR.

I have spend some times to explain LTR to my customers and I have
announced the version 2.14 as such. I like to have a schedule to
communicate about versioning and maintenance. The schedule is a good
tool to explian the way QGIS is made and how QGIS developpers want to
build a better software. And I think it's counterproductive to change
this schedule 1 mounth before LTR publication.

Thank to read me.

Regards,
René-Luc D'Hont