[Qgis-psc] Which version should be LT?

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Fri Jan 29 03:36:51 PST 2016

On Fri, Jan 29, 2016 at 12:21 PM, René-Luc Dhont <rldhont at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have spend some times to explain LTR to my customers and I have announced
> the version 2.14 as such. I like to have a schedule to communicate about
> versioning and maintenance. The schedule is a good tool to explian the way
> QGIS is made and how QGIS developpers want to build a better software. And I
> think it's counterproductive to change this schedule 1 mounth before LTR
> publication.

Agreed that we should avoid making last minute changes.

One more argument to the discussion: if we are going to make an LTR
release based on Qt4, which has officially ended its life about a
month ago [1], I would say we better make the LTR sooner than later
:-)

[1] http://blog.qt.io/blog/2015/05/26/qt-4-8-7-released/

Cheers
Martin