[Qgis-psc] QGIS heroes

Tim Sutton tim at kartoza.com
Thu Mar 3 03:18:53 PST 2016

Hi

On Thu, Mar 3, 2016 at 12:50 PM, Neumann, Andreas <a.neumann at carto.net>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The QGIS heroes idea is fine with me - as long as it doesn't result in big
> discussions who gets how much appreciation and that one should not favor
> one over the other ...
>
> If we could find a less "heroic" name for that it would be even better.
> Hero sounds a bit too epic to me. Champion may be another term, but it
> sounds equally heroic ...
>
> Maybe a native english speaker could propose a few less heroic terms that
> may be suitable.

​Yeah I think we can just call it something like "QGIS Community Profile:
Joe Bloggs" or if we want it to be a little more adulatory than that then
something like "QGIS Community Member of the Month".

Here is a brain dump of some standard questions we could ask:

1) Can you share a map of where you live?
2) What do you do in the QGIS community?
3) How do you use QGIS, which are the most important features for you?
4) How much volunteer time do you spend on QGIS each month?
5) What areas do you most need help with in respect to the work you do with
QGIS?
6) How long have you been involved on the QGIS project?
7) If there was one thing you could add or improve in QGIS or the QGIS
community, what would it be?
8) Do you have any other final thoughts about your life as a QGIS community
member?
9) How can people contact you / follow you on social media?

Order could be rearranged as needed.

Regards

Tim​