[Qgis-psc] QGIS heroes

Matthias Kuhn matthias at opengis.ch
Thu Mar 3 03:55:02 PST 2016

On 03/03/2016 12:18 PM, Tim Sutton wrote:
> Hi
>
> On Thu, Mar 3, 2016 at 12:50 PM, Neumann, Andreas <a.neumann at carto.net
> <mailto:a.neumann at carto.net>> wrote:
>
>     Hi,
>
>     The QGIS heroes idea is fine with me - as long as it doesn't
>     result in big discussions who gets how much appreciation and that
>     one should not favor one over the other ...
>
>     If we could find a less "heroic" name for that it would be even
>     better. Hero sounds a bit too epic to me. Champion may be another
>     term, but it sounds equally heroic ...
>
>     Maybe a native english speaker could propose a few less heroic
>     terms that may be suitable.
>

> ​ Yeah I think we can just call it something like "QGIS Community
> Profile: Joe Bloggs" or if we want it to be a little more adulatory
> than that then something like "QGIS Community Member of the Month".

I think it's mostly a cultural thing, I assume the "hero" badge is more
important in the american world, whereas in Europe it's less common.

We could also call it "behind the scenes" and portrait some people and
the tasks they do. I think for the reader this will be even more
interesting to watch behind the curtain and decide himself if the
portaied person is a hero (instead of being told that said person is
supposed to be a hero)

Matthias

--
Matthias Kuhn