[Qgis-psc] Moving the issue queue to github

Tim Sutton tim at qgis.org
Mon Mar 21 11:29:05 PDT 2016

Hi Sandro

> On 21 Mar 2016, at 14:21, Sandro Santilli <strk at keybit.net> wrote:
>
> On Mon, Mar 21, 2016 at 01:11:27PM +0100, Sandro Santilli wrote:
>
>> Ideally multiple bots should be guarding all branches _and_
>> proposed contributions (wherever they come from).
>
> A pretty recent (July 2015) blog post giving an overview of available
> open source CI solutions is here:
> https://opensource.com/business/15/7/six-continuous-integration-tools

Nice thanks. I have used self hosted Jenkins quite a bit, but I must say I far prefer Travis (also listed there) for its simple setup and configuration. With Jenkins we spent far more time than we wanted to managing the CI service. It does at least have the advantage that it is more flexible than Travis in terms of how you run your integration tests. I’ve also been using travis a lot (not just with QGIS) and find it to be really convenient to use.  Of the others listed there I’ve heard of builedbot (I think it is quite old right?) and it looks interesting, the others look less interesting to me - it would be nice to know if others have experience using them.