[Qgis-psc] Moving the issue queue to github

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 12:41:08 PDT 2016

On 29 Mar 2016 9:08 PM, "Sandro Santilli" <strk at keybit.net> wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 28, 2016 at 03:14:57PM +0100, Giovanni Manghi wrote:
>
> > What will change? What actions will need to be taken?
> >
> > * new issues/feature requests tickets will need to be opened in the
> > new QGIS bug tracker on GitHub (URL HERE)
>
> It might be useful to point out that this means that those who
> are willing to report bugs would also need a github.com
> account (ie: the OSGeo userid would not be enough anymore).

I personally see this as an argument in favour of moving to github issues.
I think the current process of requiring users to register for an *osgeo
site* account to file a bug on the *QGIS site* is confusing for many users.
I suspect we lose a lot of reports just because this convoluted sign
up/login process makes it too much work for many.

But over at github registration is much more modern, streamlined and user
friendly. And it's much easier to understand that you need a *github*
account to post on *github*.

Nyall