[Qgis-psc] Moving the issue queue to github

Giovanni Manghi giovanni.manghi at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 02:26:35 PDT 2016

> I personally see this as an argument in favour of moving to github issues. I
> think the current process of requiring users to register for an *osgeo site*
> account to file a bug on the *QGIS site* is confusing for many users. I
> suspect we lose a lot of reports just because this convoluted sign up/login
> process makes it too much work for many.
>
> But over at github registration is much more modern, streamlined and user
> friendly. And it's much easier to understand that you need a *github*
> account to post on *github*.

I agree,

of course we will loose some functionality, but overall I think that
the transition have more advantages than disadvantages.

Anyway I would also like to understand what are at this point the
options other than migrating to GH, stay on a platform that was not
updated in 6 years?

cheers!

-- G --