[Qgis-psc] Please review - draft email calling for QGIS Community Voting Member Nominations.

Matthias Kuhn matthias at opengis.ch
Wed May 4 05:11:20 PDT 2016

On 05/04/2016 02:03 PM, Tim Sutton wrote:
> Hi
>
>> On 04 May 2016, at 12:21, Anita Graser <anitagraser at gmx.at
>> <mailto:anitagraser at gmx.at>> wrote:
>>
>> Are the voting members selected for one year terms?
>>

> No they are non-expiring (like OSGEO Charter members I guess) or until
> they withdraw their membership.
>
>> Do they have to be present at the annual general meeting?
>>

> No, we will do the votes virtually (probably loomio with a closed
> group of voters) and use 50% + 1 as the basis for quorum. At the AGM
> we will present the results of the votes but not do any actual voting
> in the meeting.
>
> Again I should add the above is our proposed way of doing things - let
> us know if that does not sit well with you.

Looking at the current state of the QGIS source code, I notice that a
lot of people who have been involved in the early days of QGIS
disappeared while new ones appeared. I guess in other areas of the
project it's the same.

Re-elections every year seems a lot, but maybe confirm voting members in
their position every 3 years to compensate for the natural change in the
community would be a good thing?

Matthias

Matthias Kuhn
OPENGIS.ch - https://www.opengis.ch
Spatial • (Q)GIS • PostGIS • Open Source